In this blog, we look at some tips and reminders for your Xerox printers and multifunction devices.
Unable to Access CentreWare Web Internet Services (CWIS) or Embedded Web Services (EWS)
If you are unable to access or receive an error message when trying to access the web services on your printer try these tips:
- If an error, such as a 404 error is displayed, try selecting the browser’s Refresh button.
- Restart the browser and try again.
- Try using a different web browser. For example, if using Google Chrome, use another browser such as Microsoft Internet Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, etc.
- Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network and has a valid IP address. CWIS or EWS are not supported when using the printer as a local printer via USB.
- Test network connectivity with a Ping command.
Google Cloud Print
Lately we have had questions about not being able to print on your Xerox printer from Google Cloud Print. Due to the end of life of Google Cloud Print on December 31, 2020, no updates or changes are coming to the program, so you will need to find a different cloud print application. In the meantime, if you still need to use Google Cloud Print (GCP) here are a couple of tips:
- If you are having trouble registering your printer with GCP, make sure HTTPS is enabled on your printer.
- Confirm that you have registered the printer with GCP.
- Make sure the firmware / software on the printer is up to date with the latest version. The latest version can be found under the Drivers and Downloads tab on the support site for your model of printer.
Comments On the At Your Service blog
Please be aware that the comments section of this blog is not a way to get technical support for your printer. We try to answer your questions in the comments section of At Your Service blog with the best information we can find, but we are not trained on all the printers and software so we cannot provide support in the comments section. Please use online support, the Xerox Support Engage App, or contact your local support centre for the support available for your product.
Keep Your Printers Clean
We all know how important it is to clean the components of your printer to ensure image quality. But in the time of COVID-19, it is important to clean the outside of the printer to keep your workplace cleaner and safer. Review the Xerox Print Devices Cleaning Guidance site for procedures and processes.
Thanks for reading these reminders and tips. We hope you found them helpful!