Happy Almost New Year!! We have reached the end of the year, time to wrap up 2021. This has been another challenging year. We hope you have continued to adapt to the ever-changing circumstances and remained productive in this year. To ensure you start 2022 off right here are things you can do to make sure your Xerox Printer or Multifunction Device is ready for a prosperous 2022.
- Make sure you have made any required updates to your machine.
- Automatic meter reads and/or automatic toner reporting may be disrupted for certain older printer models by an upcoming change. Action will be required to continue these services. Download the details.
- There is an important firmware update for WorkCentre 6515, Phaser 6510 and VersaLink: B400, B405, B600, B605, B610, B615, C400, C405, C500, C505, C600, C605. Please see the recent At Your Service blog that supplies more details including direct links to the firmware update / service pack that you will need for your printer.
- Clean your machine. Find instructions for cleaning in the User manual or on the support page for your machine. Clean inside and out, especially your scan glass and rollers to help avoid image issues and paper jams. Continue to follow the guidelines to effectively clean Xerox devices and maintain a healthy work environment in this time of Coronavirus.
- Consider signing up for Xerox eConcierge if it is available for your printer. See the Xerox eConcierge Supplies Assistant site for compatible machines and an explanation of the benefits including free machine service.
- Make sure you are connected to Remote Services which provides automatic meter reads, supplies replenishment and diagnostic support. Remote services save you time and helps to ensure proper billing.
- Navigate over to the Xerox security page and bookmark the page so that you can check back periodically. Security news about your machine including patches or updated firmware is available there.
- While you are bookmarking pages:
- Bookmark our Customer Support Community Forum page. Consider signing up as a participant so you can ask questions or answer the questions that others post.
- Bookmark or subscribe to this blog, At Your Service, for updates and interesting information about your machine.
- Follow us at XeroxSupport on Twitter for news and tips.
- Subscribe to our YouTube Xerox Support channel. Be alerted to new support videos as they are uploaded to the site.
Now you are ready to enjoy your holiday and ring in the New Year. Have a wonderful holiday and we look forward to supporting you in 2022!