Google Cloud Print Alternatives have been a topic of conversation since December 31, 2020 or before. Let’s look at the alternatives currently available.
@PrintByXerox is a free service that enables printing from any email-enabled devices. @PrintByXerox can be used with smartphones, tablets, computers, and Chromebooks to a Xerox® printer using a single email address. No IT involvement is required with the @PrintByXerox app. It also allows users to geolocate the closest printer in the vicinity using GPS.
Let’s look at the steps for using the @PrintByXerox:
- Email the Job to print@PrintByXerox.com If you are a first time user a password will be sent to you via email.
- Walk up to the ConnectKey® enabled device and open the @PrintByXerox app, then enter your email address and password.
- Select the job, press Print to release.
It’s that quick and easy!
All Xerox AltaLink® and VersaLink® products are shipped with the @PrintByXerox app as standard you are ready to go straight out of the box. For other ConnectKey enabled printers download the app from the App Gallery. The app is free of charge.
The second alternatives to Google Cloud Print has added flexibility and control. Consider upgrading to the full Xerox Workplace Cloud or Suite solution.
Xerox Workplace Cloud or Suite Solution
The Xerox Workplace Cloud Solution (cloud based) or Xerox Workplace Suite Solution (server based) requires some IT support though they are IT friendly. The solutions are easy-to-use and help to curtail security risks while offering convenience. The solutions also offer usage details, dashboard-based monitoring and control of the entire printer fleet including Xerox and non-Xerox printers.
The two solutions have some differences. To explore the differences please consult the web pages for the products. The links are above.
Additional features of the solutions include:
- Select a vanity email name for your company for workers to use
- Added convenience with additional job release methods including card access, express code, PIN and mobile NFC release
- Extend print to email to non-Xerox devices as well as Xerox
- Email for direct print – no extra steps to release jobs
- Email for pull printing – roam and release securely at any printer
- Enable a light touch guest workflow with express codes. Enter the job’s express code (which is emailed back) to release at the MFP App
- Control user access to select authorized users
- Track usage to give visibility of print activity across the fleet and provide opportunities to optimize the print environment or save costs