Do you have print jobs that you use frequently? Did you know that you can store print jobs on your printer or multifunction device to be reprinted at a later time? The Saved Jobs feature allows you to do just that. The feature enables you to save print jobs, including the document content and print driver settings, to print at a later time. To use the saved jobs feature it may have to be enabled on the printer using the Embedded Web Server (EWS) or CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS). To find instructions for enabling and setting up the saved jobs feature navigate to the support page for your specific model of printer or multifunction device and search on the term Saved Job.
Once the feature is enabled you can print and/or save print jobs so that they can be printed later. To save a print job:
- *In your software application, access the print settings. For most software applications, press CTRL+P for Windows or CMD+P for Macintosh.
- Select your printer, then open the print driver:
- For Windows, click Printer Properties. Depending on your application, the title of the button can vary.
- For Macintosh, in the Print window, click Preview, then select Xerox Features.
NOTE: The method to access the print driver settings may vary depending on the operating system and application being used.
- For Job Type, select Saved Job.
- Type a job name or select a name from the list, then click OK.
- Select any other required printing options.
- Send the job to the printer:
- For Windows, click OK, then click Print.
- For Macintosh, click Print.
Now that the print job is saved on the printer or multifunction device the job is available to all users that have access to the printer. The jobs are stored in folders on the hard drive of the machine. The number of jobs that can be stored depends on the types of documents and the size of the file. The options included in the document also play into the number of documents that can be stored. Attributes such as color or black and white, original document size, resolution, etc. comprise the file and count in the size of the document file.
The folders the jobs are stored in also have file limits. These vary by machine and the size of the hard drive. Once a folder is full you must use a different folder to store the file in assuming there is still room on the hard drive.
Saved jobs for reprint will stay on the hard drive of the machine until one of the following occurs:
- A user manually deletes a job.
- The time period for retaining the job has ended
- The Image Overwrite feature is run.
- A Customer Service Engineer (technician) re-formats the hard drive.
This feature is very handy if you have a document that you frequently need to print out. There is no need to go to a PC, open the document, set the settings and send it to the printer. Just save it at the printer and print it with the predefined settings whenever you need the document.
Many of the Xerox printers and multifunction devices have the Saved Jobs feature. Please check your user manual or go the support page for your machine to see if you have this feature. If you are on your support page search on saved job or reprint to find instruction for enabling and using the feature. Try the feature and see if it will help you with your work processes.
* Steps copied directly from the knowledgebase solution.