You are apt to be able to streamline your work processes with the new Xerox ConnectKey Apps. New apps have been released to the redesigned Xerox App Gallery. These apps are for the ConnectKey printers and the Xerox VersaLink® and Xerox AltaLink® series multifunction devices (MFD). The new App Gallery has been restructured and has a new look. Navigate over to the App Gallery to see changes and the new offerings.
The apps are available for several different major industries from education to sales to medical and much more. The apps can turn your printer or MFD into a workplace assistant to deliver a more productive workplace. The apps let your printer / MFD take over some of the processes that make your business more efficient and easier for you and your customers.
The App Gallery has expanded and reorganized. Let’s take a look at some of the new apps available for Sales and Business as outlined in the New App Gallery Press Release:
- Xerox Connect App for Salesforce: access to Salesforce’s Customer Relationship Management system right at the multifunction printer (MFP); upload and share sales management information to client folders by scanning the documents directly into Salesforce.
- Xerox Audio Documents App: securely transforms hardcopy documents into audio files allowing commuters, multitaskers, or audio enthusiasts to listen on the go instead of reading.
- Xerox Connect App for QuickBooks Online: offers a hassle-free expense reimbursement process with multi-receipt scanning. Receipt data is extracted into an expense report and submitted with notifications sent to reviewers for timely approval. For Concur users, a similar receipt management app will be available by year’s end.
- Xerox Forms Manager App: simplifies management of multiple forms while reducing paper-based filing risks. With intelligent routing capabilities via embedded QR codes, scanned forms are automatically routed to the appropriate email address.
- Xerox Quick Link App: enables a fast start to printing without IT support. This intuitive app sends an email directly from the device containing appropriate links to install, and connects computers or mobile devices with the drivers and configuration settings.
The Education category has expanded with new Apps added to help both students and educators. Here is a quick look at the newly added Education Apps:
- Xerox Connect App for Blackboard: provides access to an industry-leading learning management system; documents are digitized and stored into their Blackboard Learn account from the MFP.
- Xerox Connect App for Remark Test Grading: simplifies grading of bubble tests with the ability to print answer sheets, scan completed sheets back in for automated grading, and email students their grades or print the results right at the device. Watch this short video for an overview.
- Xerox Proofreader Service: checks for writing elements in the English language, such as spelling, grammar, style and plagiarism.
- Xerox and SRC Inc.’s Gateway Capture to Student Information System: streamlines digitizing student records into mandatory K-12 information systems.
Xerox is also introducing its Instant Print Kiosk, a self-serve document processing solution ideal for higher education institutions. Basic printing, copying, scanning and faxing needs are managed with a user-friendly touch screen, and secure credit/debit transactions happen seamlessly right at the printer. Students benefit by scanning and/or printing reading materials and class notes through touch-screen access to the most popular cloud repositories, including Google Drive and Dropbox.
The App Gallery is best viewed using Internet Explorer 11 or Chrome in order to use all of the website’s functions. Support for the apps can be found on the online support page for the App Gallery, in the App Gallery board on the Xerox Customer Support Forum and third party sources. To find the support options for the individual apps navigate to the App Gallery and click or tap the app. Below the description of the app, you will see a support section that will have links to the support options for that particular app.
Head over to the App Gallery create an account and browse the offerings, more apps will be added at the end of the year and / or the beginning of 2019. Check back to check for new additions.