Hello! Is anybody out there? Are you sure your device is connected and providing information vital to accurate billing and supply data?
If not, here’s what to check!
To ensure this Remote Service is working properly, here are some easy to check items or settings on the Device to make sure your Xerox Device is and can send its own Meter and Supply data to Xerox.
- Make sure the device is “Enrolled” and communicating with the Xerox Server
- Check the Date, Time and Time Zone on the device
- Check the Gateway (Router) settings
- Check DNS (Domain Name Server) settings
- Make sure there is a Domain Name listed in the Machine
- Check if the Device is “Enrolled” and communicating with the Xerox Communications server. Access the web page of the device by entering the IP Address in a Browser window. Go to Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions Setup, check if the Device is “enrolled”. If it was not, check “Enrolled” and Apply. The screen shot below shows what it should look like.
- Check and correct the Device’s Date, Time and Time zone. Either at the Device User Interface or via the Device Web page, check the Date and Time and correct if needed and reboot the Device . See the screen shot below for the Date and Time setup via web page . Otherwise Access the Date and time through “Customer Tools” pathway on the physical device’s User Interface.
- Check Gateway and DNS Settings – This may require a network person to be involved.
- Enter an appropriate Domain Name for your network.
- Test the Device’s communication via the Machine web page by selecting Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions setup > Select “Test Communication Now” button.
- The screen below shows the Test Communication as it is happening.
- If the “Test Communication ” is successful you will see the following screen.
- In all cases, be sure to Turn off the Device and back on after making any change/s.
Keep in mind that many newer Xerox Devices come with the Remote Print Services automatically available, some of our more mature (older) Devices require a simple and free download of a Device Manager software called XDA-Lite.
The link below gets you to the Xerox Remote Services Support page that will help you setup your device. Just click the link and then select option # 2 and follow the instructions
Xerox Remote Services Support Page
To get more information about these features, check out the Remote Print Services at Xerox.com that covers all the information and has many useful links. There is even a Device Eligibility Test that will let you know if your Device(s) can take advantage of the Remote Print Services.
If you have questions surrounding security, check out the Security FAQ for Remote Print Services that will answer your questions concerning security.