Recently a new version of the Xerox Global Print Driver (X-GPD) was released. The new version is the Xerox Global Print Driver Version 4 (V4). The new V4 driver is aimed specifically at the Windows 10 and later operating systems. The V4 conforms to Microsoft’s version 4 architecture. This new version offers all the advantages of the previous X-GPD, it is easy to install, offers simplified processes for IT staff and system administrators and reduces the time needed to install or upgrade a printer or multifunction device. The Global Print Driver V3 is still available as well.
The Global Print Driver supports Xerox® Office and Production products including the Phaser®, WorkCentre®, ColorQube®, VersaLink®, AltaLink® and DocuSP®/FreeFlow® devices. Another advantage of the X-GPD is that it works with not only Xerox products but even those made by other manufactures. It is truly a universal driver supporting Xerox and non-Xerox printers PostScript and PCL.
With the V4 driver you must use the Xerox Desktop Print Experience application in order to achieve full functionality. The Desktop Print Experience is available on the Drivers & Downloads page for the Global Driver.
The new driver comes with some new documentation and information that you may find helpful in understanding and using the X-GPD:
- Xerox Global Print Driver site system requirements and compatible products are among the helpful information on the site.
- Xerox Global Print Driver Brochure information on the X-GPD and its benefits
- Xerox Print Driver Comparison compares traditional drivers to the Global, Mobile and Pull Print drivers
- Xerox® Print Driver Platforms V3 and V4 Overview detailed information on the driver and the Microsoft’s print driver development architectures
- Global Print Driver Support Page support for the drivers as well as the drivers and download page where you can download the drivers for free.
- How to Select the Best Xerox® Global Print Driver® for Your Environment document for guidance to select the driver version that best meets your needs and requirements.
Please take a look at the documentation and see if the Xerox Global Print Driver is right for you, your environment and your work processes. I think you will find it is a time and money saver for your business.