Last week we announced and launched the new look and new features for the Xerox Customer Support Community Forum. The CSC forum is a peer to peer support community where you can ask questions or discuss issues you are having with your Xerox products. The CSC is used by people all over the world to find answers they have not been able to find on their own.
Today I would like to share with you the steps for posting on the Forum with the new format.
- Navigate to the Xerox Customer Support Community Forum (CSC) and select the board that best matches the subject of your question or issue. For instance if you cannot get your printer to print select the Printing board.
- Click or tap the “Post a Question” button.
- Select the Operating System that is being used on the computer that you are working with or having the problem from. If an operating system has no relation to the issue you are seeing you can choose “not applicable”. If the operating system you have is not in the list please select “other” and include the Operating System name and version in the post.
- Select the Xerox product that you are using. You can simply being to type the name or model number in the field and a drop down list will display with the closest matches, choose your product from the list.
- Enter a descriptive subject in the field provided.
- Enter in your question or situation in the body field of the post.
- Select the “View quick tips to get the best answer” to see some helpful hints on getting your post noticed.
- Upload a picture or video if that will help you explain what is happening. Please be aware that all pictures and videos are moderated for content before they are released to be posted in your post. There will be a delay on the images and videos showing up in your post.
- Add hyperlinks to your post, if applicable, but any inappropriate link, meaning a link that has no relation to the issue you are having or links to pay sites will be removed.
- If desired use the spellcheck feature. The usual enhancements you are used to in most programs are available for your post. Examples: Strikethrough, Font, Font Sizes, etc.
- Select the Preview tab (optional) to see how your post will look once posted on the board.
- Check the “Email me when someone replies” box so that you will be notified when someone replies to your post.
- Once you are happy with the post select “Post” to publish your post to the board. Below is an example of the New Message screen.
Now you wait for responses, wait times vary depending on the time and day that you post. Remember you are posting to other operators and users of Xerox products, so give it sometime. If you require immediate assistance you can search the content in the online support pages for your product or contact your local support centre. While you wait peruse the posts and see if maybe there is one you can answer for someone or search to find answers to other question and issues you may have encountered or just wondered about.
Once you receive a reply remember you can mark a reply as the solution when and if it solve your issue. You can reward someone for helping you out by giving them a Kudo. Simply click or touch the “Kudo” button in the reply.
We hope you like the new format and continue to find the CSC useful and helpful.