Blogs have recently been published about Xerox Remote Print Services. On the VersaLink family and the AltaLink family of printers. Today let’s revisit the steps for setting up your WorkCentre printers and other legacy printers. These steps were written by our guest blogger Gigi Zakhary.
Ever think about automating all functions and tasks at your office? Here is a way to get your Xerox Devices automated; eliminating phone time. With Xerox Remote Print Services all of your Xerox devices can send Meter reads, Supply data and Diagnostics information with no human intervention or any wasted time making phone calls or sending emails.
The most commonly used method to establish this type of connectivity is the “Device Direct” method.
Follow the simple steps below:
Open the device’s web page from any Internet Browser on your PC or MAC computer using the IP address of the Xerox device.
- Select the “Properties” Tab from the top menu
- Expand “General Setup” on the left side menu
- Go to “Smart E-Solutions Setup” and look to make sure that the Device is “Enrolled” per the screen below.
- Select a Daily Transmission Time that is appropriate and make sure it is a time that the Device is not turned off
- Other settings need to be configured like DNS, Domain name, gateway, consult with your network department regarding these settings
- Test the Device’s communication via the Device web page by selecting Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions setup > Select “Test Communication Now” button.
- The screen below shows the Test Communication as it is happening.
- If the “Test Communication” is successful you will see the following screen
- If the Test Communication Fails. Then further troubleshooting is needed to configure the Smart E-Solutions on your Xerox device.
The link below gets you to the Xerox Remote Services Support page that will help setup your device. Just click the link and then select option # 2 and follow the instructions Xerox Remote Services Support Page
To get more information about these features, check out the Remote Print Services at Xerox.com that covers all the information and has many useful links. There is even a Device Eligibility Test that will let you know if your Device(s) can take advantage of the Remote Print Services.
If you have security questions, check out the Security FAQ for Remote Print Services that will answer your questions concerning security.
Also there is Security White Paper that can answer any security concerns about these Remote Print Services.