See if this sounds familiar – The medical clinic needs to copy your insurance card and your ID / license. The assistant places the card on the glass of the copier and presses copy. Then they take the paper and put it back in the paper tray, flip the card over and move it down to a place they have marked by a post-it note and then press copy again. This process works but it takes a long time to do both cards. If they had a Xerox product with the ID card feature it would take all the guess work out of where to place the card on the glass and there is no putting the paper back in the paper tray.
The instructions are easy for ID card copying. No reloading the paper, no changing the position of the card, the machine takes care of all of that for you. The instructions below are the basic steps as outlined in the ID card copying on a Xerox AltaLink printer. Please search on ID card at the support page for your machine for the exact steps for your copier or multifunction device.
To use the ID Card Copy feature:
- Lift the document feeder, then place the original document in the upper-left corner of the document glass and press the Home button.
- Touch ID Card Copy. To clear previous App settings, touch Reset.
- Adjust the settings as required.
- Touch Scan Front.
- When scanning is finished, lift the document feeder. Place the second side of the original document in the upper-left corner of the document glass.
- To scan the second side of the original document and print the copies, touch Scan Back.
- To return to the home screen, press the Home button.
Check it out for yourself and see if this could be a helpful feature in your workplace.