Why do the Billing Reps at Xerox keep calling me asking for Meter Reads? I wish the machine would send this data on its own and the phone calls and emails would stop.
The Xerox device has to be “Enrolled” in order for it to establish connection to the Smart E-Solutions server in Xerox and be able to send its own automatic Meter, Supply and diagnostics Data. The Xerox device has to be able to send data from your network to the Xerox server.
- Check that your Xerox device is “Enrolled”, by opening the device’s web page from any Internet Browser using the IP address of the Xerox device.
- Select Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions Setup
- Check the “Enrolled” button on this page. Then click the “Apply” button. This will start the registration process with the Xerox Communications servers and Enroll the machine
- Make sure there is a value in the “Daily Transmission Time”
- Enter a time of the day that the machine is actually “on” and not turned off so the machine will be able to send Data.
- Test the Device’s communication via the Device web page by selecting Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions setup > Select “Test Communication Now” button.
- The screen below shows the Test Communication as it is happening.
- If the “Test Communication” is successful you will see the following screen.
- If the Test Communication Fails. Then further troubleshooting is needed to configure the Smart E-Solutions on your Xerox device.
The link below gets you to the Xerox Remote Services Support page that will help you setup your device for Direct Connection. Just click the link below, then select “Device Direct”
Keep in mind that many newer Xerox Devices come with the Remote Print Services available, some of our more mature (older) Devices require a simple and free download of a Device Manager software called XDA-Lite.
To get more information about these features, check out the Remote Print Services at Xerox.com that covers all the information and has many useful links. There is even a Device Eligibility Test that will let you know if your Device(s) can take advantage of the Remote Print Services.
Also there is Security White Paper that can answer any security concerns about This Remote Print Services.