Printer stopped Printing … There is a “Toner level very low, please order Toner” message on the machine User Interface. Wish I didn’t have to call the Supplies hotline to order Toner. This is so annoying.
There is a way to configure your Xerox device to send its own data in to the Xerox Smart E-Solutions server so that the Toners can be replenished automatically.
- Check your Xerox device’s “Daily Transmission Time”, by opening the device’s web page from any Internet Browser using the IP address of the Xerox device.
- Select Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions Setup
- Check the “Daily Transmission Time” on this page. Sometimes there is no value in the Daily Transmission Time field “0:00”. This will cause the machine not to send any Supply or other data.
- Enter a time of the day that the machine is actually “on” and not turned off so the machine will be able to send Data.
- Test the Device’s communication via the Device web page by selecting Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions setup > Select “Test Communication Now” button.
- The screen below shows the Test Communication as it is happening.
- If the “Test Communication” is successful you will see the following screen.
- If the Test Communication Fails. Then further troubleshooting is needed to configure the Smart E-Solutions on your Xerox device.
The link below gets you to the Xerox Remote Services Support page that will help you setup your device. Just click the link and then select option # 2 and follow the instructions Xerox Remote Services Support Page. .
Keep in mind that many newer Xerox Devices come with the Remote Print Services available, some of our more mature (older) Devices require a simple and free download of a Device Manager software called XDA-Lite.
To get more information about these features, check out the Remote Print Services at Xerox.com that covers all the information and has many useful links. There is even a Device Eligibility Test that will let you know if your Device(s) can take advantage of the Remote Print Services.
Also there is Security White Paper that can answer any security concerns about This Remote Print Services.