The paperless office is still a thing of the future since it is estimated that the average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year*. More and more companies, offices and even home offices need to convert the page to a digital format. Digital format allows for archiving, collaborating and easy distribution. If you still have or generate a lot of paper documents look into getting one of the new Xerox DocuMate Scanners to help you convert your paper to digital.
The Xerox DocuMate 6460 and 6480 are desktop scanners up to the task of scanning your documents into usable and searchable digital documents. The DocuMates can scan mixed size originals and many different types of paper, from regular letter size paper to dot matrix paper. The scanners can handle up to 10,000 double sided pages a day. By handle I mean scan, store and organize. The document feeder can accept 120 double sided, mixed size originals at as time. The DocuMates scans the documents at 300DPI color at speeds up to 130 double-sided pages per minute for the 6460 and 170 per minute for the 6480. At 200 DPI, those speeds increase to 140 and 176 double-sided pages per minute respectively.
The DocuMate 6460 and 6480 feature tools beyond just scanning. Check out these features as detailed in the Xerox product announcement:
- Visioneer Acuity with DriverPLUS TWAIN uses advanced algorithms to intelligently and instantly correct and improve the visual clarity of scanned documents or images containing imperfections.
- Visioneer OneTouch® allows users to automatically route documents to email, printers, files on the server or to the cloud with one simple touch of a button.
- “Light Jet” Technology provides 45 times more light for improved image quality, resulting in sharper images.
- Wide Automatic Document Feeder for “Full Bleed” Capture when scanning color magazines full width or tractor feed paper forms with less manual preparation.
- Nuance Power PDF gives users the tools they need to create, convert, edit, assemble and securely share PDF files to increase office efficiency, enhance collaboration and improve compliance.
- Nuance OmniPage Ultimate is an optical character recognition and layout retention solution that quickly turns scanned documents into editable, formatted text that can be used in any word processing, desktop or web publishing program.
- Nuance PaperPort is a document management tool that helps users organize, find and share documents to bring a new level of proficiency and productivity to an organization’s workflow.
*Source: How Much Paper is used in One Day? by Morgan O’Mara