Spend more time on your work and less time managing your Xerox devices. With Xerox Remote Print Services you can manage your Xerox printers with minimal effort so you can get your own work done.
Xerox Remote Print Services not only provides Automated Meter reads but also Automatic Supplies Replenishment if needed. This will simplify the management of your Xerox fleet on your network
There is one of 2 ways to establish connectivity for your Xerox device, Device Direct or Device manager solution.
For Device Direct method, follow the steps below:
Open the device’s web page from any Internet Browser on your PC or MAC computer using the IP address of the Xerox device.
- Select the “Properties” Tab from the top menu
- Expand “ General Setup” on the left side menu
- Go to “Smart E-Solutions Setup” and look to make sure that the Device is “Enrolled” per the screen below.
- Select a Daily Transmission Time that is appropriate and make sure it is a time that the Device is not turned off
- Other settings need to be configured like DNS, Domain name, gateway, consult with your network dept regarding these settings
- Test the Device’s communication via the Device web page by selecting Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions setup > Select “Test Communication Now” button –
- The screen below shows the Test Communication as it is happening.
- If the “Test Communication ” is successful you will see the following screen
- If the Test Communication Fails. Then further troubleshooting is needed to configure the Smart E-Solutions on your Xerox device …
The link below gets you to the Xerox Remote Services Support page that will help you setup your device. Just click the link and then select the third case on the list, “How To Enable the Connectivity Required for Remote Services Using the Device Direct Capability That is Available in my Equipment” and follow the instructions Xerox Remote Services Support Page
For Device Manager solution, you will have to install Xerox Device Agent (XDA Lite) software application
Link to XDA (Xerox Device Agent) software.
Link to User Guides listed on the right, under the PDF Downloads-Office
To get more information about these features, check out the Remote Print Services at Xerox.com that covers all the information and has many useful links. There is even a Device Eligibility Test that will let you know if your Device(s) can take advantage of the Remote Print Services.
If you have security questions, check out the Xerox® Device Agent Security and Evaluation Guide that will answer your questions concerning security.
Also there is Security White Paper that can answer any security concerns about this Remote Print Services.