This doesn’t seem like the correct charge for my Xerox device usage; that meter read is not even close. Looks like my Bill was estimated!
Sound familiar? Enabling or enrolling your Xerox device for Remote Connectivity / Smart e-Solutions is very important, and it guarantees accurate Xerox billing on your Monthly statements; it avoids monthly estimation of meter reads.
This feature can be configured / setup in a few minutes on your Xerox device.
- Open the device’s web page from any Internet Browser on your PC or MAC computer using the IP address of the Xerox device.
- Select the “Properties” Tab from the top menu
- Expand “ General Setup” on the left side menu
- Go to “Smart E-Solutions Setup” and look to make sure that the Device is “Enrolled” per the screen below.
- Select a Daily Transmission Time that is appropriate and make sure it is a time that the Device is not turned off
- Test the Device’s communication via the Device web page by selecting Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions setup > Select “Test Communication Now” button –
- The screen below shows the Test Communication as it is happening.
- If the “Test Communication ” is successful you will see the following screen
- If the Test Communication Fails. Then further troubleshooting is needed to configure the Smart E-Solutions on your Xerox device.
The link below gets you to the Xerox Remote Services Support page that will help you setup your device. Just click the link and then select option # 2 and follow the instructions Xerox Remote Services Support Page.
Keep in mind that many newer Xerox Devices come with the Remote Print Services available, some of our more mature (older) Devices require a simple and free download of a Device Manager software called XDA-Lite.
To get more information about these features, check out the Remote Print Services at Xerox.com that covers all the information and has many useful links. There is even a Device Eligibility Test that will let you know if your Device(s) can take advantage of the Remote Print Services.
If you have security questions, check out the Security FAQ for Remote Print Services that will answer your questions concerning security.
Also there is Security White Paper that can answer any security concerns about This Remote Print Services.