I have a really important presentation this afternoon. I can’t print the material for the attendees; the printer says it’s out of Toner. We forgot to order Toner again. What can I do to prevent this in the future?
It is possible to prevent this scenario. Your Xerox device can be configured for Automatic Supplies Replenishment; then your device will send its own Supply, meters and diagnostics Data.
- Open the device’s web page from any Internet Browser on your PC or MAC computer using the IP address of the Xerox device.
- Check that your Xerox device is “Enrolled”
- Select “Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions Setup “.
- Check that the machine is “Enrolled” on this page .. The machine has to be “Enrolled” in order for it to start communicating or sending data to the Xerox Smart E-Solutions server
- If the machine is “Not Enrolled”, then check that button and click the Apply button ..
- Check the Date and Time on your Xerox device by clicking “Date and Time” under General Setup
- Test the Device’s communication via the Device web page by selecting Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions setup > Select “Test Communication Now” button –
- The screen below shows the Test Communication as it is happening.
- If the “Test Communication ” is successful you will see the following screen
- If the Test Communication Fails. Then further troubleshooting is needed to configure the Smart E-Solutions on your Xerox device.
The link below gets you to the Xerox Remote Services Support page that will help you setup your device. Just click the link and then select option # 2 and follow the instructions Xerox Remote Services Support Page
Keep in mind that many newer Xerox Devices come with the Remote Print Services available, some of our more mature (older) Devices require a simple and free download of a Device Manager software called XDA-Lite.
To get more information about these features, check out the Remote Print Services at Xerox.com that covers all the information and has many useful links. There is even a Device Eligibility Test that will let you know if your Device(s) can take advantage of the Remote Print Services.
If you have security questions, check out the Security FAQ for Remote Print Services that will answer your questions concerning security.
Also there is Security White Paper that can answer any security concerns about This Remote Print Services.