The question in the title makes it sound like we are looking for the error but we are not. But judging from the activity on the Xerox Support Community many people are looking for an answer to the PCL XL Error they are seeing on their printers. Let’s look at some possible solutions for this error.
First let me remind you that not all of these solutions will apply to all machines. Please try the ones that apply to your machine or go to the support page for your specific machine and search for the error to find the list of solutions for your machine.
- From the File select Print
- Click on Properties or Printer Properties
- Select the Advanced Tab
- From the drop down for Advanced Printing Features option select Disabled
- Click on OK.
If disabling the Advanced Printing feature does not help then try modifying the driver to LPR. The steps are as follows:
- Open the Printers or Printers and Faxes window.
- Right-click on the printer and then click on the Properties button.
- Select the Ports tab.
- Click on Configure Port.
- In Raw Settings field change the port from 9100 to 515.
- Click on the LPR radio button.
- Type: lp (must be entered in lowercase) in the LPR Settings field.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Close the Printers or Printers and Faxes window.
If the error still occurs then try uninstalling and reinstalling the current driver. Make sure you are using the most current driver by checking on the Drivers and Downloads tab for your machine. You can also try using the PS Driver.
After trying these solutions if you are still getting the PCL XL error please consider contacting your local support centre for additional information.
I hope that this information helps any of you that may be seeing this issue. For more helpful information like this head on over to the Xerox Support Community to find more answers.