Sunday April 22nd is Earth Day!! This Earth Day the theme is End Plastic Pollution. Xerox has been committed to sustainability and preserving the planet even before the founding of Earth Day in 1970 by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson of Wisconsin as a teach-in about the environment.
In celebration of Earth Day let’s look at some of the ways you and your Xerox products can contribute to the mission of Earth Day and increase your sustainability:
- Change your font to save ink. See the #GreenHacks video below for an example.
- Use recycled paper products and recycle all paper when possible.
- Return used supplies to Xerox for recycling.
- When you are upgrading to a new machine always consider a Multifunction device to cut down on the number of fax machines, copiers and printers you have in your office environment.
- If you are upgrading or getting rid of a Xerox product we have several ways to recycle your old machine. Please consider donating the machine so that others may benefit from the machine. Xerox has partnered with National Cristina Foundation to provide used Xerox printers and other equipment to help non-profit organizations, public agencies, and schools. The donations of equipment may be tax-deductible.
- ConnectKey multifunction printers are compatible with Cisco® EnergyWise, an energy management solution that allows IT operations and facilities to measure and fine-tune power usage to realize significant cost savings. For example, with Cisco energy management solutions, you can set power states for the multifunction printer for optimal power savings. You can also set the multifunction printer to go to sleep mode after 10 minutes, get current power consumption information, and set timeout to low power and sleep modes.
Bullet 4 recommends getting / using a multifunction device. By using a multifunction device you can get copying, printing, faxing and scanning in one device. Right there you have saved by having one machine instead of four, scanner, copier, fax machine and printer. Having one instead of multiple machines cuts down on manufacturing waste and electricity to power the machines.
The list of ways Xerox printers and multifunction printers can help increase your sustainability goes on but these are some of the highlights. Xerox has been working toward sustainability for over 40 years. We have created a seven step plan to a greener office. Please head to the Create a Green Office website and learn about the steps.
On this 48th annual Earth Day do something kind for the planet and enjoy!