The Xerox® Wireless Print Solutions Adapter adds wireless connectivity to any Ethernet-compatible printer or multifunction printer. The adapter makes legacy printers and MFPs compatible with modern wireless workflows. The adapter seamlessly connects your printers and multifunction printers to mobile and desktop workflows. See the workflow possibilities in the graphic below.
Why would you want or need this device?
- Your printer or MFP is not connected to a network but you want the ability to print from mobile devices.
- You need to bridge Wi-Fi connectivity with a traditional hardwire network.
- You want Google Cloud Print™ 2.0, Mopria® or NFC tap-to-pair capabilities. (with caveats, see brochure)
- You own a Xerox printer or MFP without embedded Apple® AirPrint™ support and want to add AirPrint, compatibility. (with caveats see brochure)
- You want Wi-Fi Direct, which lets you connect your computer or mobile device to your printer or MFP wirelessly without the need for an access point or existing Wi-Fi network.
- You need performance that comes from the cutting-edge Wi-Fi 802.11ac standard, which ensures data transfer that’s almost twice as fast as existing 802.11n devices.
- You need 256-bit encryption and advanced wireless security protocols, including WPA2™ Enterprise, HTTPS, and industry-standard 802.1X authentication.
Take a look at this video to see the adapter and how it works.
On the support site for the adapter you will find how tos for installing and configuring the device and other helpful information. There is also a documentation tab where you can find the installation guide and user manual. Please see the Xerox® Wireless Print Solutions Adapter site for details, specifications and a link to purchase the device and review the brochure about the adapter.
Consider cutting some more wires by using the Xerox® Wireless Print Solutions Adapter.