This machine says its low on Toner. I have to find the Xerox Supplies number and call again. I wish there was a way to get the machine supplies without having to call every time! The Xerox device has to be “Enrolled” in order for it to establish connection to the Smart E-Solutions server in Xerox and be able to send its own automatic Meter, Supply and diagnostics Data.
The Xerox Smart E-Solutions server URL is “https://dcs.support.xerox.com:443/”. The Xerox device has to be able to send data from your network to the Xerox server.
1. Check that your Xerox device is “Enrolled” by opening the device’s web page from any Internet Browser application on your PC or MAC computer using the IP address of the Xerox device.
2. Select “Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions Setup “.
3. Check to see if the Xerox is set to “Not Enrolled”, if so, then check the “Enrolled” button and click “Apply” on the bottom right corner of your screen
4. Test the Device’s communication via the Device web page by selecting Properties > General Setup > Smart E-Solutions setup > Select “Test Communication Now” button
5. The screen below shows the Test Communication as it is happening.
6. If the “Test Communication ” is successful you will see the following screen
7. If the Test Communication Fails then further troubleshooting is needed to configure the Smart E-Solutions on your Xerox device.
The link below gets you to the Xerox Remote Services Support page that will help you setup your device. Just click the link and then select option # 2 and follow the instructions
Xerox Remote Services Support Page
Keep in mind that many newer Xerox Devices come with the Remote Print Services automatically available, some of our more mature (older) Devices require a simple and free download of a Device Manager software called XDA-Lite.
To get more information about these features, check out the Remote Print Services at Xerox.com that covers all the information and has many useful links. There is even a Device Eligibility Test that will let you know if your Device(s) can take advantage of the Remote Print Services.
If you have security questions, check out the Security FAQ for Remote Print Services that will answer your questions concerning security.
Also there is Security White Paper that can answer any security concerns about This Remote Print Services.