Color in Review
This month we have published articles about color and how, why and when to use color in your documents. Please review the previous blog posts “Why Print in Color”, “How to Use Color” and “Colorology” for more information. So now it is time for a quiz, that’s right a pop quiz about the meaning and use of color. Let’s go old school, please pull out a piece of paper and a pen and number the page 1-12 down the left hand side, remember those days? Now let’s see how you do!!
What color is normally associated with optimism, yet can often unnerve readers when used too much?
A. Light Green B. Yellow C. Lavender
Which color often stimulates the appetite?
A. Red B. Bright Blue C. Orange
What color is subliminally associated with truth?
A. Light Blue B. White C. Dark Green
What color conveys royalty and sophistication?
A. Gold B. Royal Blue C. Purple
Which color is associated with fun and cheerfulness?
A. Light Blue B. Green C. Orange
To create a high-tech image, it is effective to combine neutral grays with what types of accents?
A. Silver and gold B. Bright colors C. Deep reds
Which color is most dramatic for backgrounds?
A. Black B. Purple C. Gray D. Purple
Which of the following colors is NOT a good choice for natural or environmentally themed materials?
A. Green B. Brown C. Yellow D. Gray blues
Which color most often implies authority, financial responsibility, and security?
A. Dark Green B. Blue C. Blacks and grays
Which color would you use to imply health and tranquility? (Here’s a hint: think fresh.)
A. Deep Blue B. Yellow C. Green
Earth tones with bright lime and purple accents are associated with what era?
A. The Fifties B. The Sixties C. The Seventies
What is the most universally popular color?
A. Red B. Blue C. Yellow D. Green
Click here to see the answers. How did you do?
- Color draws the readers attention
- Too many colors can distract from your message
- Use colors to highlight things you want your audience to do or pay attention to.
- Avoid using too much color, it’s a document not a carnival, unless it is a document about a carnival
- Remember that printing in color on many of the Xerox printers and multifunction devices is comparably priced to printing in black and white. So go ahead and add some color to your documents!